Part of a National organisation, actively collaborating to share, learn and support as a team
Learn and apply world class Lean manufacturing principles
Provide Leadership to a Great, Hard-Working Team
Supaloc Steel Building Systems is a national company recognised as the preferred solution for strength, accuracy and speed of construction by major residential and commercial builders in NSW, QLD, ACT, VIC and SA.
Supaloc has a long established history of over 30 year’s industry experience. Our frames, trusses and floor systems are comprised of a range of unique components which are designed, engineered and manufactured to be lightweight, strong and durable. We have Nationwide facilities manufacturing steel frames, assembling, packing and providing site delivery.
An opportunity to join this exciting, fast paced national organisation within our manufacturing facility located in Minto, NSW. Lead the operational activities and drive our continual focus towards innovation, quality, world class manufacturing and continuous high level of service to our clients within the residential construction industry. We are seeking someone who is highly motivated to join our team as we are entering into an exciting period of growth for Supaloc steel frames and trusses nationally.
Reporting to the National Operations Manager, the role of the Factory Manager will be to maintain a performance culture within a safe work environment through a commitment to strong communication, visual leadership, exceptional people management abilities, and Lean Manufacturing principles. You will also be an individual that can demonstrate continuous improvement together with commitment and pride in your team, product and organisation. You will be a team player participating in a cross organisational collaborative effort with other factories, central Design, Engineering, and workflow departments. You will work with other factories to develop, define and comply with best practice through our Supaloc Manufacturing System.
Core duties will include, although are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day direction of the roll forming, assembly, logistics and maintenance activities of the Minto manufacturing site
- Ensure the work teams have the appropriate skills sets and are motivated and performing to expectations and standards
- Provide reporting data for KPI’s, monitor KPI’s and implement corrective actions to meet KPI’s
- Contribute to management systems, review and overcome performance limiting issues, and ensure compliance
- Actively participate in online collaboration sessions with other Factories and Support departments.
- Continuous Improvement of processes and resources to support the pillars of our Supaloc Manufacturing System
- Evaluate and adjust available production capacity to achieve forecast requirements
- Monitor expenditure for maintenance, consumables, and human resource, ensuring these are used efficiently to meet production targets
- A minimum of five years’ experience in production management environment
- Knowledge of steel roll forming, fabrication and production processes will be highly regarded
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean manufacturing, and quality principles will be highly regarded
- Understanding of Transport Chain of Responsibilities and Inventory Control
- Effective oral communication skills including proven skills in leading a workforce, developing and managing cooperative working relationships and resolving issues through negotiation
- Effective written communication skills including report writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to handle pressure and allocate priorities
- “Can Do” hands on approach to work
We believe that success is built on the strength of relationships we forge and that people are our greatest asset.
- Pride in working for a National Market Leader currently experiencing growth
- Part of a National organisation, actively collaborating to share, learn and support as a team
- Learn and apply world class Lean manufacturing principles
- Based in Minto with Close Access to Train Public Transport
- Work/Life balance with usual working hours being Monday-Friday dayshifts
- Product knowledge & onsite support provided to ensure your success
- A challenging and varied role: every day is as unique as our customers
- Close access to bus & tram public transport lines
- Onsite kitchen and lunch room facilities
Candidates must be willing to complete a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol testing) and functional assessment as part of this recruitment process.
To apply for this great opportunity, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
For any questions or a confidential discussion about this role please contact:
HR & Recruitment Coordinator
08 8282 7200